Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sundays

When I was a kid I never used to understand what adults loved about Sundays. Even my parents seemed to move a little slower and smile a little more on Sunday. And I guess it has not been until about 2 years ago that I started understanding it all myself. Sunday is the day to relax and enjoy life before the Monday work day is staring you in the face.

Right now I am in Atlanta with family, knitting my husband's 2nd sock, smelling the huge breakfast that my cousin loves to cook when we are all together, listening to my MIL break the ends of green beans for lunch, watching my nephew pull up and walk and looking out the window at the glorious pouring rain. As a child of a farmer, I yearn, hope, and long for rain like this, especially in the month of July.

So whatever it is you do on Sunday, be it gardening, swimming, going to brunch, riding your bike, felting or knitting, remember to savor it.

Tomorrow afternoon, don't miss the drawing for the skein of Trekking Pro Natura!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often use Sundays to ctch up on my Tivo'd Star Trek series and some serious knitting. Also, if a little nap can be worked in, all the better. Then I make a nice sit-down dinner, and insist the kids, along with their lovely girlfriends, join us.